NZXT CAM 4.10.0
Released August 11, 2020
- Added additional KrakenZ rotation options (+180 degrees, -90 degrees) to support all cardinal directions.
- QOL improvements to profile saving. A rewrite of our saving architecture now allows profiles to save correctly.
- Fixed an issue with PC Monitoring > Top Processes not populating.
- Fixed some scenarios where device exclusive access messages would not be updated.
- Fixed an issue with Preset/Wings lighting mode and odd length accessories (e.g. Underglow).
- Fixed and issue with Marquee lighting mode speed on Kraken X Rings.
- Fixed an issue that caused Lighting Profile images to be cropped incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue with Cooling Fan messages.
- Fixed an issue with Kraken Z Liquid text.
Today we released CAM 4.10, which includes a substantial update to the way you save and load profiles in Lighting, Cooling and other device-based panels in CAM. Note: Overclocking saving coming in the next release.
These are the changes we’ve made:
- In order to select a Lighting Profile, you had to select “Choose a theme pack” from the top of the lighting page and select the Theme Pack from a modal. This has been changed to a dropdown to match the other panels.
- Previously, in order to create a Profile, you would have to edit an existing Profile, then select “Save As…” Now, you go to the dropdown at the top of the page and select “Create new profile”
- In order to make changes to an existing Profile, you’d have to select the profile you wanted to make changes to, make the changes, then choose “Save.” Saving now happens automatically as changes are made.
We made this change for several reasons:
- We felt like it was a better experience for settings to automatically save as you adjust them, to remove the need to consciously save every change you make.
- Updating the way you create new Profiles should allow users to quickly and easily understand the Profiles system we developed for NZXT CAM.
- Moving Profiles to a dropdown away from a modal should allow users to change their profiles more quickly and easily.
- We want to introduce features to NZXT CAM that will make your profiles change automatically based on your needs. If a user had made changes to their profiles, this would make these features difficult or impossible to implement.
We hope that these changes make NZXT CAM even easier to use than it has been in the past. Please let us know if you have feedback!
We hope you’ll join us on our journey of continuously improving NZXT CAM. The team is committed to making your experience a good one. Please continue to support us and give feedback! Our next update is scheduled for 8/31, so please stay tuned for more updates to NZXT CAM.